Programs > Brochure
China: Audiology Clinical Program (Summer)
Beijing, China (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||UB applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2017||04/06/2017 **||Rolling Admission||06/30/2017||07/17/2017|
|NOTE: Completed applications will be reviewed as soon as possible. Students will be notified of the status of their application as soon as possible and approximately no later than 1-2 weeks after the application deadline. Students will leave the US on June 30, 2017 and arrive in China on July 1, 2017.|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed
|Open to:||UB students only||Language of Instruction:||English|
|Eligibility:||Graduate Students only||Term:||Summer|
Summer Audiology Clinical Program in Beijing, China
This program provides a clinical practicum opportunity to the audiology doctoral students (Au.D) in Beijing, China. The host hospital, General Hospital of PLA, is one of the best clinical and research centers in China. The Department of Otolaryngology has a leading position in cochlear implants, genetic screening of newborn children, treatment on sudden hearing loss and auditory neuropathy, etc. They have a diverse patient population which provides the best clinical practice opportunity for our students.
The summer program will provide clinical practice and observation in the following areas:
- Genetic screening of children who failed the hearing screening
- Hearing tests using auditory evoked potentials, auditory steady-state response (ASSR) in out-patients and hospitalized patients
- Hearing aid fitting
- Clinical tests and following up on patients with sudden hearing loss, tinnitus
- Observing cochlear implant surgery and post-surgery evaluation and mapping
- Vestibular testing and treatment on patients with balance problems
- Case studies on genetic screening of newborn infants, genetic mutations causing auditory neuropathy
- Case study on hearing profiles of auditory neuropathy patients caused by different genetic mutations
Estimated costs for this program can be found at the top of this page next to Budget Sheets by clicking on Summer. Please note the budget sheet currently lists the Summer 2016 program expenses. Summer 2017 program expenses will be posted as soon as updated information is available.
UB students are encouraged to apply for study abroad scholarships. To learn more about the scholarships available to UB students, please visit our scholarships page.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact the Faculty Program Director:
Dr. Wei Sun